2 out of 4 row houses

2 Replies

I have been looking for deals in Pittsburgh and think I may have found one. I found a motivated seller with not one, but two row houses in a nice area. However, I come to find out they are part of a quad-plex or 4 unit of row houses. She only owns the two on the right.  They are all vacant and or boarded up, similar conditon.  How much does not being able to control the other two hurt the value of the ones on the right? The other two have two different owners. Two out of four isn't bad right? 

I wouldnt buy 2 out of 4 if they were all boarded up, unless you think you will be able to buy the others...and if there are other boarded up properties close by.  The vacant units in the building will make it very hard to sell or rent and will most likely be a source of future problems.  

Well I would not be investing in these as a buy and hold. Ideally I would like to wholesale these.  I guess the same point still applies though.  The fact that they are the two next to each other doesn't matter though?

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.