Hello out there, my partner and I sold our first house in September and have sold three more since then(all wholesale deals). We have been doing real estate almost a year now and really want to go full time and take it to the next level. We are currently looking at options for furthering our real estate investing education. The reason I am posting this question is:
1) If there is anyone out there who can offer some advice that would help others in similar situations and us take it to the next level, please your comments and help will be most appreciated...
2) If there is a experienced professional RE investor on the eastside of Atlanta that would be willing to bless us with a little guidance and wisdom, please contact me on here. Thank you for reading and comments. Many blessings!
It sounds like you have a system that is working and you need to scale it up. Try to automate as much as you can with your marketing and pre-screening so you focus your time on the best leads.
I just listened to a good podcast on the subject. It was show 81 or Real Estate Investing Mastery.
Also, have you tried the http://www.biggerpockets.com/meet feature under "Network" to connect with other investors in Atlanta Georgia?
I agree with @Craig Wilcox , if wholesaling is working for ya, keep it up. What is 'the next level' to you? Ownership/ buy and hold rentals? Flipping/rehabbing? The beauty of RE is there are so many levels. Some deals you don't have time for or interest in repairing and can be wholesaled. Others are ready to go in high-end neighborhoods and can be lease-optioned. May start as a wholesale, then it turns out to be a bread and butter 3/2 in blue-collar neighborhood and you keep it as a rental. Sounds like you have great marketing. That's the key first step. Learn many exit strategies. No single strategy works in every situation! Congrats @Samuel Fuoco !
If you want to go full time, the goal should be to maximize the return of every deal you can get your hands on. And if you're doing 5-10 wholesale deals /year there is no reason whatsoever you shouldn't be able to maximize the return of your deals by having multiple exit strategies. So find private lenders or a hard money guy to go purchase some of these deals, fix and then flip them and have a 5 figure gain as opposed to wholesale them and get a modest 4 figure gain? If there possible L/O deals, then utilize that strategy.
Get beyond the wholesaler mentality that the deal has go fit into a certain box. But rather create a solution to every potential sellers problem.
Free eBook from BiggerPockets!
- Actionable advice for getting started,
- Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
- Learn how to get started with or without money,
- Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
- And a LOT more.
Sign up below to download the eBook for FREE today!
We hate spam just as much as you
Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community
Basic membership is free, forever.