• Investor
  • Miami Beach, FL
Votes |
Buying in Miami with concerns over sea level

Ray S.
  • Investor
  • Miami Beach, FL
Posted Mar 2 2015, 11:43

I moved to Miami a few years ago and absolutely love it here. With what I'm seeing in the new construction projects here, I am very bullish on Miami right now and what it could become. My first instinct was to invest heavily in the market down here. I hesitated and missed the big boom, but don't want to continue to miss out, as the prices are still skyrocketing. My main concern that has been keeping me back has been on rising sea levels and how long Miami is actually going to be around for. 

What are other's thoughts on this? Is Miami a good place to invest for income as well as buying a personal residence to live in longterm? I'm looking mainly on the beach and city. We're already seeing a lot of flooding as it is, I know nobody has a crystal ball, but when would Miami start getting to the point of not being habitable anymore? Are with talking fairly soon within 10 years, 20 years, or 50+? And what would happen in that case, would owners just be sitting on worthless property? How can I become more educated on this too? Thanks!

Loading replies...