First Deal a Short Sale Property?

2 Replies

Hello all, I will be looking at a few homes tomorrow and one of interest is a short sale 2 family home. I have done research on a Short Sale, but in simple terms what exactly is it? Is it a good idea for a first time investor to invest in a short sale or should I look else where? I suppose PROS/CONS of it.

A short sale is simply a bank agreeing to take less money then what the borrower owes on their mortgage. There are 2 types 1} approved and 2} unapproved. An approved short sale is when the bank has agreed with a definite number that they would take and an unapproved it when the agent solicits offers to the bank with out approval. The process can take awhile a especially for unapproved. You will see a lot of low bids for this type that give people false hope. An approved short sale may or may not be a good deal and many times their could be multiple bids (due diligence}

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Get the Ultimate Beginner's Guide