Does this really happen? or its just a fairy tale?

3 Replies

Disclaimer:  I'm not a wholesaler.  Never have done it.  BUT... you never know what a motivated seller will do.  Without having read the link, my guess is that the house was worth $100,000 if it's in good condition.  Typically, motivated sellers' houses are not in good condition and they don't want to or can't spend money to get it into good condition.

Also, many sellers are motivated because they NEED to get out and get out fast.  So, they are willing to take much less to 1) avoid fixing it up,  2) get out fast, and/or 3) make their lives easier.

So, yeah.  I can see that it would happen.  Probably won't happen in your typical situation where the family is putting the house on the market in order to upsize/downsize or relocate where they have the luxury of time.

720-334-8741

Thanks, I guess it could happen, probably very regional though.

right place right time it can happen. I've had people give away lots of land for pennies on the dollar because of a family crisis, death, divorce etc. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.