Properties on MLS

5 Replies

If I put a property under contract on MLS for a good deal. Can I resell to another investor? In other worlds can i wholesale a property on MLS.

Yes, but if its on the MLS why wouldn't the other person just buy it off the MLS themselves and save the markup and realtor fees?

Wholesaling on the mls is harders but there have been stories of people being very successful. The key to those "success stories" has been something wrong with the property that others couldn't "see". One fixed the issue than all was well.

Originally posted by @Travis Boyer :

Yes, but if its on the MLS why wouldn't the other person just buy it off the MLS themselves and save the markup and realtor fees?

The property is under contract so until that contract is resolved, nobody else can put a contract on it.

Originally posted by @Dele Ola :

If I put a property under contract on MLS for a good deal. Can I resell to another investor? In other worlds can i wholesale a property on MLS.

Sure.  You can even sell the contract before you close.

Thanks for all your responses, @ Neil Aggarwal, do you mean one can do back to clossing and if so how does it work?

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you