How did you meet your agent? Benefits, from an agent's perspective, of working with bigger pockets members.

7 Replies

Hey guys,

I'm a real estate agent and I have been an avid bigger pockets podcast listener.  I haven't been very active on the forums, but recently a few investors found my profile on bigger pockets and contacted me about buying a home within a very short timeline.   As an agent, the name of the game is lead generation, but for the first time in my career, a client just seemed to find me.  It was as if the universe decided to send me business.  Needless to say, it has been one of the best client experiences I have had in recent memory.  This morning, I started thinking about what has made working with these clients so enjoyable as opposed to regular buyer clients.  I think it is knowledge.  

Bigger pockets is such a great resource because it provides investors and aspiring investors with information, insight and much needed help.  

I'm just curious, if any agents or investors have any success stories about linking up with clients, agents or business partners on bigger pockets.

I remember meeting a future client at an open house last year and after we realized we were both bigger pockets members, a business relationship and friendship was formed instantly.  

Thanks bigger pockets!

Please share your experiences, good and bad.

Best Regards,

Dan

Welcome @Dan Bernstein ! Hopefully you will become that rare agent unicorn we all seek. You may actually obrain the knowledge of and have the tolerance for what investors seek! It's up to you. As a quality investor-friendly agent you will no doubt soon have as much business coming to you as you can handle. What I want most is an agent is one that has walked the talk. Someone who has investment property or who has purchased, wholesaled, lease-optioned, double-closed, assigned, carried contracts, etc on investment property before. That is the only way to truly learn what we seek. A creative problem-solver. There are more ways to buy/sell than look on the MLS, go to a bank and get a conventional mortgage. You have had a couple relationships fall into your lap. Earn the right to keep them. Know when someone is a waste of time. There are a lot of newbs who will let you cart them around forever and never qualify. It's ok to learn these four words - "I will miss you." Not all investors are time wasters. I want a text from my agent that says: "123 Main St, just came on market, asking price XX, I think its worth Y. Seller motivated because,,,," That's it! Sorry this became longer than I wanted. I personally don't have an agent. Unicorns don't exist in my market. Be one and prosper!

My experience with Bigger Pockets has been all good.  As a real estate investor and agent, it was an easy decision for me to join BP as a Pro member.   Once I did this, I took advantage of the perks and placed a profile in the marketplace.   I would say that I have had at the minimal ten good contacts with other BP members that led to some kind of business partnership, with one leading to a sell.   In fact, it has worked so well, that I volunteered to coordinate a monthly get together in the Fort Worth area, where I have established additional good contacts.   I am getting a much better return on my leads through BP than I do through other lead generation means.  

In slinging all this praise, the traditional methods of lead generation do still work and as any good agent/investor knows, there is a different approach you take with investors. I do find myself at times working a little more for the investors looking for the right deal versus the traditional client who is looking to buy or sell their home with no interest in investing. To keep a good perspective, I try to balance my traditional workload with the work I do for investors so no matter what the market is doing daily, I can still work towards my bottom line. For example, the market in DFW for investors is a tough one for the properties on the MLS. Since inventory is so low, most sellers are getting asking price (or more) for their properties, which does not lend itself for finding good investor deals. You can still find them, but they are few and far between so you have to work more diligently to help the investors in this market.

The market is cyclical so this will all change in the future where investors will be the ones who are finding the good deals.   I am well positioned to thrive in the market because of BP.  Without it, I would be in a bad position like every other agent when the market goes in the other direction.  I owe BP a lot.   

Medium logoAdam Wright, Integrity 1st Real Estate | [email protected] | 817‑965‑5599 | http://adamwrightrealty.com

I have had great experiences working with multi-family investors and rehabbers that I have met through BP as an agent up here in Connecticut.

Currently I am working with 4 BP members in my area and have made other quality contacts as well.

Being an investor myself I have had good experiences with my BP investor clients in CT. We speak the same language and the working relationships have been excellent.

Medium rzt hc 6483Michael Noto, SalCal Real Estate Connections | [email protected] | 860‑384‑7570 | https://www.zillow.com/profile/Mike-Noto/

Dan the BP site is highly organically indexed for content in some cases.

I currently have over 8,000 posts. There are some that read my posts that are not even BP members. They do a search for a keyword and then page 1  and position 1 to 3 on Google there it is organically.  They go to the forum topic indexed and then start ready my history of posts.

I do commercial so my realm is different. Most clients like to stay private. You will find many more investors on here saying they have 50k to do something versus 5 million in public.

BP has been a great resource for me over the years to meet quality clients. You still have to sift and sort who is a realistic and real buyer from those rooted in fantasy. 

Medium allworldrealtyJoel Owens, All World Realty | [email protected] | 678‑779‑2798 | http://www.AWcommercial.com | Podcast Guest on Show #47

Thanks for all of the replies.  Qualifying buyers is always an issue, whether its with first time home buyers or investors.  I have noticed that even first time home buyers are pretty well informed because of their easy access to information.  The past week has illuminated the almost endless possibilities/opportunities that bigger pockets can provide.  I'm looking forward to becoming more active on this site.

Thats pretty incredible that you are reaching position 1-3 on google search because of bigger pockets posts.  Awesome!

Originally posted by @Dan Bernstein :

Hey guys,

I'm a real estate agent and I have been an avid bigger pockets podcast listener.  I haven't been very active on the forums, but recently a few investors found my profile on bigger pockets and contacted me about buying a home within a very short timeline.   As an agent, the name of the game is lead generation, but for the first time in my career, a client just seemed to find me....  

Please share your experiences, good and bad.

Best Regards,

Dan

The Universe... Or Content Marketing?

Awesome post @Dan!

I think your experience is happening more often than people think. You said that it was either the Universe or something sending you clients.   I tend to think that's a phenomena that you will see more often in 2015.  

2015 is being described as the "Year of The Social Comment".  If you market, comment, or produce anything socially (which hopefully you do!) then you probably have noticed.. as another smart commenter had mentioned that your comments are highly indexed and searchable on many platforms.

YouTube, Google, and Podcasts

While I primarily Invest on my own, and teach other Realtors® how to wholesale legally; it does provide that extra "social proof" that I am not like some "snake oil" sales guru.

For me... It comes down to longevity.  What you type today... is searchable tomorrow.

Bigger Pockets keeps beating my lead generation on Zillow and Trulia.  When you do a cost comparison Bigger Pockets blows it out of the water.  Investors typically take longer to close, and their deals are typically less expensive, but they are great clients if you have a pipeline (which you should if you're an agent / investor) of inventory that you would like to move.

Dollars spent on Bigger Pockets are more effective than any other lead generation platform IMO.

Medium square logo final flatMark Updegraff, Updegraff Group REALTORS & Mngemnt/Const | [email protected] | (585) 314‑9790 | http://www.RochesterInvestment.com | Podcast Guest on Show #112

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you