Where to start

2 Replies

I purchased the book on flipping houses and one of the first things it started talking about is rehabbing. That's a little down the road for me. What I would like to do is to flip a few contracts, make some money and get out of the financial whole I'm in now and then rehab and flip. Can anyone give me a advice on where to start at flipping contracts? I have no money to put down and my credit is not that good. I'm going to an REI club meeting Wednesday and hopefully I can also get some good information there as well.

So you're looking into wholesaling. Its a WHOLE entire section on wholesaling. Why is rehabbing a little down the ways for you? All over is plenty of topics on creative financing. Furthermore if you have a good deal I'm sure you can find someone to partner with you on it. It's only as far down the road as you want it to be. If you want to repair your credit I used creditboards. It's a forum like this so you have to dig a little bit for what you need. Either way good luck and welcome!

I'm with Devin Morgan Flipping is only as far down the road as you make it. Network, find a deal, find a partner with $$ and give him 50% of the profit. You can get hard money with less than great credit, and a partner with a down payment can open the door to your first flip! There are all sorts of ways. I just mentioned one. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here