Buying & Selling Real Estate
Account Closed
  • Redding, CA
Votes |
Building permits on potential property

Account Closed
  • Redding, CA
Posted Mar 22 2015, 14:53
Potential deal- I'm renting a 3/2 on ten acres. The landlord wants to sell but also has another house in the property that is un permitted. The un permitted house is about 1100 ft.² two bedroom two bathroom two car garage. And I'm trying to find out what the cost of permitting it would be. I have already done some research on the local county website but it doesn't seem to be very conclusive for what I'm looking for. I called the Co and they said that the permits are double the cost of normal permits. I'm just not sure of what the usual costs are. Im basically trying to estimate costs and see if the property is going to be a good investment. Some more basics of the Deal – its 10 acre parcel w a 3/2 home, 1400 square-foot and then also the unpermitted to 1100 square-foot house as well. I'm currently renting the first house (3/2)and I'm considering offering the landlord a proposal to buy the whole property but I'm nervous about the unpermitted house. Anyone have any experience with getting permits on unpermitted buildings in California? Also I'm interested to find out about the cost for subdividing the 10 acres, anybody with any experience in subdividing near Redding California?

Loading replies...