My Mom's Recipe for "Homemade Philly Style Forced Appreciation"

6 Replies

First, buy up a block of rowhouses or a multi unit just outside the ghetto making sure it has good public transportation.

Do a quick rehab.

Advertise for rent in the PGN.

I've done this in Denver with single family homes in a neighborhood with duplex zoning.  It's working great even though I don't have more than 3 or 4 houses per block.

PGN?? 

Philadelphia gay news

How close to/where in Philly is this strategy working? Do you have specific examples with numbers you can share? Thanks! 

He is referring to the fact that the gay community was often the first group (along with artists) to move into the once depressed neighborhoods that are now described as gentrified.

@Joe Cumming

First, buy up a block of rowhouses or a multi unit just outside the ghetto making sure it has good public transportation.

Do a quick rehab.

Advertise for rent in the PGN

Joe, where are the ghetto areas?  Are you referring to the Philadelphia County or the surrounding depressed areas in the surrounding suburbs?  I live in Philadelphia (born and raised) and I no of no areas within the Philly limits such as you this ghetto.

Also, why do you suggest advertising in the Philly Gay News?  Why not also advise in the Daily News, Philly News, etc.?

You post if very suggestive and I believe meant to be offensive.  Watch the words you choose!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.