Chattannooga and Nashville TN

2 Replies

Hello to all, I just got turned on to this site a month ago by a friend.

I started in REI with an SFR in Phoenix AZ in 2012, and bought another there in 2013. Last year I took the plunge on a couple of MFRs here in San Diego CA. As nice as those are, my emphasis is cash flow at this point in time, and given the dearth of reasonably-priced MFRs or SFRs in SD, I'm forced to look elsewhere.

My hard-money lender here has taken the plunge in Chattannooga, and my General Contractor on one of my San Diego MFRs is from Nashville and strongly recommended North Nashville.

I've seen posts here speak glowingly of both cities. For those in Chattannooga or North Nashville, what is the latest assessment of these areas? Thanks.

Welcome @Larswin Mendoza .  I lived in the San Diego metro for 6 and 1/2 years before moving to Nashville last fall.  The last place I lived in California was the Carlsbad area.  While it had its positives it was simply too expensive to get ahead.

I can tell you that Nashville is awesome and a great place to live. I will say that the market is tough right now if you're just looking on the MLS. Good deals are simply difficult to find. There are many good areas to invest in around the city but I would recommend speaking with a local realtor that understands investment properties. They can give you the full run-down on which areas will suit your needs best. In the end it all comes down to what you're looking for.

Thanks for the input.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you