• Residential Real Estate Agent
  • Tucson, AZ
Votes |
housing in gang neighborhoods?

Yishi Garrard
  • Residential Real Estate Agent
  • Tucson, AZ
Posted Apr 11 2015, 13:29

So I was watching Gangland on Netflix the other night, and they frequently talk about the territories and neighborhoods that are notorious for gang activity, or where if you turn down the wrong street, there's a good chance you're not coming out alive, etc. 

It got me thinking in regards to how housing in those neighborhoods work. I would assume that a lot of those are section 8 or government subsidized housing? But a lot of gang neighborhoods also have lots of single family homes, to where it looks like any other neighborhood to someone unfamiliar with the area. 

Does anyone know what kind of realtors would take listings in those neighborhoods, or take buyers through there? Also, are there investors that invest in those areas? Ultimately, someone has to collect rents, evict tenants, fix maintenance issues, etc. It just seems to me that with having to deal with ruthless and highly dangerous gangs, threats of drive by shootings, etc, it wouldn't be worth any amount of money for anyone to either property manage or own any of those properties. 

Thoughts? 

Loading replies...