Help! My first pitch price for multiplex near Kalamazoo, MI

5 Replies

I have an opportunity to buy a duplex near kalamazoo, mi. I was wondering what a realistic offer could be? The tenants are excellent and both long term over 7yrs+ with monthly income of $1850 from both sides. The property does have a few minor issues but nothing terrible. The owner lives a few hours away, he is elderly and sounds wanting out of real estate. Its been on the market over 360 days with no offers. Its dropped from $205,000 to $188,000. It has no offers as of yet.

Does anyone have a recommend offer to throw out? I was thinking myself around $172,000 to give myself room to work. What do you think? 

What part of Kalamazoo? Do you know the numbers for owner-paid expenses (utilities, lawn/snow, etc)?

Its just outside of kalamazoo limits, I just thought it would be easier to use kalamazoo as a heading since its actually known. I will be using my contracted lawn and snow, utilities are tenant paid.

The facts that I listed is $172k low or high? I always heard your offer isn't low enough until its offends the seller. Lol Idk if thats true 

what are the expenses ?

Payment?

Insurance?

Taxes?

Lawn? Snow?

Repairs ?

Capex?

Vacancy?

Are you using a property manager?

From first glance I would say not a great deal.  Barely 1% in an area not know for appreciation. I see your from Illinois? Why Kalamazoo ? Not that there's anything wrong with Kzoo, just wondering ?

I am moving back to the area. With all expenses per month would run about $1050. I will be self managing as well

what are the numbers ?

$1050 seems low on a $172,000 property.

Seems like that would barely cover the payment,taxes,insurance. 

Not prying just trying help :-)

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.