• Investor
  • Reston, VA
Votes |
Crazy story!

Cheryl C.
  • Investor
  • Reston, VA
Posted Apr 17 2015, 15:39

I bought a lot at a tax sale about 12yrs ago.  I bought a number of lots that day and I've been sitting on them.  I called an agent yesterday to get them all listed as the Builders are back.  The agent called me yesterday afternoon about one of the lots.  She was going to drive over to take a look and told me the aerial shows a house on it.  I told her that there was no house (we drove past it after we bought it).  She must have the wrong lot.

So she just called me.  There is a house on it.  Habitat For Humanity built the house a few years ago.  She spoke with the people at the house.  It's 6:30pn on the East Coast so I can't get any further info until Monday.  I live 90 miles away so I'm not driving over.

Well, my tax assessment did jump (8 fold?) a few years ago and I called the County about it.  I figured that maybe it had been rezoned to commercial or something.  Anyway, this is a rural County and the tax appraiser is a contract worker so no one knew anything and there was no way to talk to the guy.

So ... maybe I own a 3yr old house. This could be very good or maybe I didn't get good title and lose my 4K.  Anyway, it's sounds like it's going to be very entertaining! 

Loading replies...