Where to find contact information for Vacant house owners

2 Replies

After finding the owners name on the internet through the county assessor, what is the best way to find a phone number that you can reach these folks?

@Daniel Sisto : it's kind of tricky to find phone numbers nowadays. With cell phones and privacy, nobody lists their cell phone anymore. You can use 411.com but you'll have limited success. There is also beenverified.com, but once again, they won't always find the right phone number. 

Even we, as skip tracers, using all kinds of sophisticated methods don't always find the phone number. 

Here is a question for you: how do you find your vacant houses? Do you do drive-bys? If so, a great way to find the people is to knock on the doors of the neighbors. They may know more than you think. We have found quite a few owners like that. I know, it is hard work, but nobody ever said that becoming rich was a walk in the park, right? :)

I wish you lots of success!

Nadia,

Thanks for the quick response. Yes, currently I do my drive by's before my normal work day starts and during lunch. I will definitely give knocking on neighbors doors a try and see where that takes me.

Thanks again 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you