Question after reading Rich Dad Poor Dad.

5 Replies

So I just finished reading Rich Dad Poor Dad. 

I know, a little later, but I just got around to it. I read it in one sitting. Great book.

Robert talks a lot about forming corporations for the tax benefits.

He doesn't go into much depth though. 

Can anyone tell me a little bit more in depth about how they use corporations in their RE business to shelter them from taxes? Any input on formation, setting up, and any other information would be great!

Most of those strategies are not really for the new investor.  In all reality I would not read anymore of his books as he has been proven to be a scam. Check this article out for proof. 

Medium buymemphisnow stacksCurt Davis, Buy Memphis Now | [email protected] | 605‑310‑7929 | http://www.BuyMemphisNow.com

How about the advanced investor - what is one thing that is an expense for a corporation but not for any other kind of business?

@Nathan Astrup   Read Rich dad books because of large themes and "big idea" principles. 

Do not read the book to get practical tips on HOW to invest in real-estate.

As fay as the Tax question, there are several different kinds of corporations that help companies reduce their taxable impact but you should seek out a CPA to help you with that. 

Remember though, focus on making profit as #1, there is no such thing as 100% tax rate you can always make more money. 

@Curt Davis

I appreciate the info. I had wondered if his anecdotes were true.

Regardless of the truth; The ideas conveyed in the book are solid and I think it helps a new investor and businessperson  open their mind to the endless opportunities available to someone who can see the possibilities and think critically.

Yet my question still remains. Are the tax shelters described by Robert in a corporation as beneficial as he describes? When operating on a high level can investors really shelter most of their income from the Tax Man?

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you