Newbie interested in Middletown NY

7 Replies

Hey,

I'm new to real estate investing. I'm looking at my first property now in Middletown NY. Are townhouses with no HOA fee good investments or does that mean something wrong with the area or complex? I know it rents for 1400 taxes 3900 and listed at 119000 want to put an offer of 90-100.

Welcome and good luck,

I have spent a little time researching condos in middletown/orange.  It's a good rental market, but it is important to know which school district (pine bush or middletown). The county website is very useful (http://propertydata.orangecountygov.com) for seeing last sales price and comps.  Don't mean to be nosy but if you are looking in Rivervale complex (no hoa) there is currently a listed short sale around 65k if you want to go down that path.

Thanks Mark tried to put an offer in for that one but it was in contract. I am looking in another townhouse with no HOA on Patio Road. Thanks for your input and advise.

Hello,

Good rental area and it's Pinebush school district with busing. Do your due diligence with your renter and you should be on the positive side. I lived there, but not onPatio.

Buy, hold is great.

-Angela J.

Let me know if you need any intel. If we could JV With some that would be great.

That would be awesome. PM your info lets see where and how we can help each other.

Forgive my ignorance.... but With HOA fees do you also have to pay taxes, or is that included?

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here