Marketing yourself?

2 Replies

What are some proven ways that have worked for you as a realtor/broker to market yourself?

I've seen tons of articles online, but I am looking for true feedback on tips that may have worked for you to gain exposure and client listings. 

Thanks!

Letisia

Hi @Letisia Crespo ! Welcome to Bigger Pockets.

I received my license in 2014, and the thing I keep hearing over and over, at office meetings and in the online course itself, was that you have to work your sphere. Tell absolutely everybody you know that you are a real estate agent, and if they or anyone they know need an agent, you would love to work with them. 

Right now is a wonderful time to be an agent, and a horrible time to be an agent. I see you are in Florida. As you well know, the market was amazing, then dropped like a rock, and is now picking up again. Agents who were licensed back when it was amazing - but then left when it dropped - are coming back into the field now that there is money to be made. Competition is extremely tight for listings as well as buyers.

I have a fellow agent in my office who is on the top sellers list every single month. He hosts open houses for not only his listings, but also for any other agent who asks. He says it is the single best way for him to meet buyers - many of whom are unrepresented. 

Another guy in the office has a name tag and wears it everywhere. It has his name, the office name, and Realtor. (You can only use the registered trademark Realtor if you are a member of the National Association of Realtors.) And he gets people talking to him all the time as well.

What are you doing to market yourself?

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you