Buying and holding help

3 Replies

I have been reading many posts and forums on bigger pockets , reading multiple investing books , real estate books and listening to real estate audibles and pod casts , 

But I still feel stuck , I still don't know where to begin , and I'm still a little cloudy on how buying property works 

I'm a young and trying to persue a career in real estate but an having trouble understanding how it all works

Hope someone can help thanks

Welcome to BP!

If you keep listening to podcasts and reading the how to guides you should be about 90% of the way there.

What exactly are you stuck on?  Getting a loan, buying a property, renting a property?

@ Brent Paul , I have been learning and learning I'm not going to stop though cause the accumulation knowledge is never ending but I just don't understand how just buying a property , putting down payments , finaceing 

I would recommend searching for a RE Investment club nearby.  Look at www.meetup.com, that is where I found some good ones in my area.  Usually the first meeting is free.  If it looks like a good group, pay for the membership, and go to every meeting.  The network of friends you will develop will get you started.  Possibly you can find a mentor who will hold your hand through a deal.  Maybe you can partner up with someone. (get everything in writing and reviewed by your attorney if partnering).  

Good luck with your journey!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.