Made the move to St. Louis to start investing in their market! Check out my video

12 Replies

Earlier this winter I joined a local REI club in St. Louis which convinced me I needed to move here. After looking all winter, I finally submitted and had an accepted offer on a duplex. I put a lot of sweat equity into my side of the duplex but have finally made the move completely. I am starting to do a video blog for something to look back on and keep me motivated. Here is my latest video! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pPn8CJBUWA

Congrats Kyle on the purchase and moving to St. Louis.  This video is a great way to document your progress!  What area is this duplex? 

Good job keep it up!!!

Welcome

@Kyle Grimm

Where did you move from and what are you doing in St. Louis besides real estate investing?

Welcome to BP and to STL..  Let us know if you need anything.

Outstanding!  A very good start.  Keep it up.

Welcome to BP!  Excellent idea about video blogging your progress!  I think I may have to follow in your footsteps.  STL is a great market if you get educated on the right places/zip codes to invest.  Good luck!

Welcome to the STL!!! Let me know if you need help with anything or referrals.  

Ryan Billingsley I moved here from Quincy Illinois about two hours north. I moved down here strictly for investing. I've flipped a couple houses in Quincy and own two rentals. I plan to live as simple as I can so I can put all my money into investing. I did just pass my RE exam so I may do some work as a realtor. But I want to focus on acquiring rentals.

@Kyle Grimm

Congrats!  Sounds like your on the path to financial freedom!  

I also just acquired my real estate license.  I am showing my first property to a buyer on Sunday.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here