When did you realize you had "Made it"?

3 Replies

So, I'm in the middle of a deal that will be my "catalyst" deal.   One that, if it goes through, will propel my earnings way higher than I originally estimated.  On top of that, it will accelerate my timing for purchasing even more property, to get to the point where this will easily fund my retirement.

So, I ask all of you, when did you have that moment when you realized it was going to work out for you?  Was it a major deal that went through?  You got a massive check that was bigger than you've ever seen?  You were able to buy some dream item that you would have never been able to afford before?

First deal I did once I developed my business plan and executed it.

Every person has their own version of what it means to "make it".  My business is doing well but I'm still a few years away from my version of making it.

Originally posted by @Stone Teran :

Every person has their own version of what it means to "make it".  My business is doing well but I'm still a few years away from my version of making it.

Good luck to you!  It takes a LOT of hard work, educating yourself, being told you can't, you don't know what you're doing, etc.  Then, don't be surprised when people see your success and want to "invest" with you and want equal footing. :)

For me, I think my "making it" moment will be seeing the monthly net rent checks be higher than my current salary.  Then, my next goal is to have it be $10k per month, then $20k, and my final goal is to be around $100k per month net.  I think at that point, I'll be able to retire comfortably and live my life out with my wife and kids traveling, buying my dream cars, and not having a financial care in the world. :)

But that's about 10 years out according to my calculations. :)

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you