Subject to in Washington

1 Reply

I am a Real Estate Investor in Salt Lake City, but I am looking to expand outside of Utah. I have an opportunity for a subject to deal in Washington state. 

1 - What would be best way to hold title? Sounds like a title holding trust is a no go in Washington. I have a series LLC for my rental properties in Utah, but I am not sure how effective it would be for holding a property out of state.

2 - I do subject to deals in Utah using a General Warranty deed. Is that what everyone in WA uses?

I'm not an attorney and Washington state law is a real pain in the a$$, so I'd recommend contacting a WA attorney that works with investors such as :

Do you have any "boots on the ground" in WA?