Where are some of the top cities in US to flip properties

6 Replies

I have about 175K to try and grow my capital. I currently live in California, so naturally there really isn't too much available around where I live. I'm thinking areas like portland, Vegas, and phoenix as places that are possibilities that are relatively close to me. Any suggestions?

This post has been removed.

175k is plenty of $$$ to flip wherever you live in CA.  Think about areas close to you.  When I started I lived in San Francisco and was buying/flipping in Sacramento, it worked.

Good luck 

We're killing it here in Tampa. 

Got more properties than REAL buyers though! Seems like 9 out of 10 calls I get are from wholesalers or people trying "No Money Down" techniques. 

We've been doing well buying REOs and then reselling them to rehabbers.

Depending on what part of Sacramento you are looking $175k is plenty to buy and flip a property.  Granted it won't be enough for downtown/midtown but other parts you should be fine.  Even with sticking with on market mls deals there are a plenty.

Derek Jones, Real Estate Agent in CA (#01947645)

If you want to stay in California, take a look at Riverside county, there are several good deals there to be found within your price range.

@Brandon Brown I agree with those that say to invest close to home.  Once you have a big operation with contacts in a few city then expand.  

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.