New member - Delaware

7 Replies

Hello BP Community,

I wanted to introduce myself, my name is Steve Kelly and I am new to the BP website. I just graduated from the University of Delaware and accepted a job working in the Banking and Finance industry. I am hoping to learn as much as I can and prepare myself to begin investing in the near future. If there are any members that know the Delaware market or have any insight please reach out. I look forward to learning from all of you and hopefully will be able to contribute!

Thanks,

Steve Kelly

Hey Steve!

Welcome to the site. I'm also a UD grad. There's lot's of great info here in the forums and I'd definitely recommend listening to the podcasts if you aren't already. It's good to see someone thinking about investing right out of college - the sooner, the better! Having a good W-2 job will definitely help you get started. I think the best plan is to buy a single or multifamily home in a decent neighborhood as your primary residence and rent out units or rooms to get started. And if you are handy (or know someone who is), that will definitely help you keep the repair/maintenance costs down.

I'm a realtor living in PA now but will have my DE real estate license soon. Let me know if I can help in any way.

Chris

Hi Chris,

Thank you for reaching out! Its good know there is UD alumni in the community. I'm going through the forums and podcasts at the moment which all seem very helpful. I appreciate the advice and plan on reaching out when I come closer to investing/getting licensed!

Thanks,

Steve

Welcome aboard. I'm also living in Delaware and new to investing. Funny enough I also work in the banking and finance industry.  I haven't had much luck in finding contacts in Delaware yet but hopefully in the future we can share information.

Hi  @Steve Kelly

Welcome to Biggerpockets. Great to have you here. You can start by going to Learn.Keep networking , you'll find a lot of people here that would love to help you out.You can find a lot of strategies that can go with your experience. Good luck in your REI journey

@Swapna Bareddy,

To make the @ work, do the following:
Hold down the shift key and type @?
Look below this Window, and you will see a list of names of people that have posted in this thread.
Click on the name of the person that you want notified via an email, that you responded to them.
If you are a Colleague with anyone that has NOT posted in the thread, and you want them to see your post, hold down the shift key, type the @ and the first 4 letters of their First or Last Name.
Then look below this Window and click on that person's name.
Raymond