Golf Course Homes

5 Replies

What is everyone's opinion on Golf Course Homes. The question is vague because I have no specific question. I guess I would love to hear opinions regarding homes on a golf course. I see an interesting property but it is located in a golf course community. From what I can tell it is not down range from a tee. There do appear to be a lot of homes for sell there but also I see a lot of homes being bought as well. It seems the property values are on an upswing. I wonder what the pitfalls are or benefits of buying a golf course home. Opinions could be on rental, fix and flip or primary residence homes. Thank you in advance.

Association fees are what jump out to me.  You are stuck paying taxes, I wouldn't want to pay another fee that will only go up. Living on a golf course likely means fees to be paid and it may or may not include use of the course.  

Hi @Jaime penix, I currently moved to south Florida and I live in West Boca, so I'm used to seeing those deals. Those prices might not include the huge membership fee like mentioned by  @ Shawn M. However it would be cool to live on one. I think if you can find a realtor with experience with homes on courses they can tell you if it is always mandatory to have to purchase the membership. Are you looking for those types of homes? And what kind of investing do you do?

@VLADIMIR LOPEZ I do not believe that the golf club membership is mandatory...the HOA fee appears to be fair. The cable is included, so I imagine that a lot of the fees paid is just for the cable.

As for what time of investing I do. I do not believe you can place me in any certain label. I basically try to find deals that I like and I try to make it happen.

@Shawn M. The don't think the membership to the golf club is mandatory.

I will say that I have noticed the degree of golf cart traffic. Every so often you hear a cart whizzing by. It is funny because I never really hear cars or trucks, maybe my mind is conditioned to them. But every golf cart that rolls by you pick up on it.

@Jaime penix sounds good. Friend request me, maybe we can share some ideas eventually. Thanks

@VLADIMIR LOPEZ ,

To make the @ work, do the following:
Hold down the shift key and type @?
Look below this Window, and you will see a list of names of people that have posted in this thread.
Click on the name of the person that you want notified via an email, that you responded to them.
If you are a Colleague with anyone that has NOT posted in the thread, and you want them to see your post, hold down the shift key, type the @ and the first 4 letters of their First or Last Name.
Then look below this Window and click on that person's name.
Raymond

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you