• Investor
  • Boise ID
Votes |
Septic Systems and Enviromental Regulations

Dustin S.
  • Investor
  • Boise ID
Posted Jun 23 2015, 10:32

Hi all I am new to septic systems and am looking at a multi family property currently on septic but fairly close to a CO OP like sewer line. The septic system has been replaced in the last 2 years and pumped and certified 6 months ago. I still intend to get my own inspection and certification. Either way I don't have any major concerns about the septic itself. However the property is located close an impacted water body and over the course of the next 2 to 3 years there is a study being conducted to determine if the septic systems in my area are contributing to the pollution of the river. I am planning for the worst case scenario and that the county/state will require all the homes about 30 in my area to connect to sewer. Talking with the CO OP like sewer company they estimate the cost to construct the new line would be about $300k then each home have to pay an annexation fee and cost to actually probably $20k-$30k. I have talked to the county and them seem to think that if connections to the sewer become mandated it will be 8 to 10 years down the line before everyone is required to connect. I am trying to find historical examples of how all of this gets paid for but have come up short also no one from the county can say anything for sure. I wanted to know if any one out there has had similar issues and how it ended getting worked out?

Loading replies...