How do I sell my rental property?

4 Replies

How do I sell my rental property?

We had property for 1 year, built in 2004. It's in great condition.  It is tenant occupied. 

- How should I inform my property manager?

- How do I go about offering property to tenant to purchase?

- How do I offer it to other investors and the market?

Thank you BP Members in advance for your advice. 

Dana

Dana N., NicholandSons Real Estate, LLC

make three phone calls...

one to your tenant

one to your PM

one to a RE Agent to list your property.

Hi Dana,

Off topic, kind of, but why are you selling if you don't mind me asking?

James

I would also look to post it to craigslist also. This has been a great source for me on both sides (buying/selling) and think you could gain some rapport through craigslist IMO.

Hi James,

I don't mind you asking.  We are new investors and we live in NYC, but invested in NC.  We did that because it was more affordable to purchase in NC and since we were learning how to get into RE Investing, we didn't want to take the risk in NYC.  NYC is just toooooo expensive.  Our goal was to hold for 1 to 2 years and then if it goes well, we would sell and start investing closer to were we live.  So, we are just following our plans.  We really want to manage our own properties, so once we sell, we will invest about 2 hours from NYC.   

We also plan to purchase a home for our family in 2 to 3 years and want to be near our investment properties.  Also, we still want to be close to NYC.  So plan is to move about 1 to 2 hours away from NYC.

Thanks for asking.

Dana

Dana N., NicholandSons Real Estate, LLC

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you