broker saying you can't do 5/1 on non-owner occupied

broker saying you can't do 5/1 on non-owner occupied

Palo Alto, CA · Member since 2014 · 104 posts · 14 votes

for owner occupied conforming loans it seems the rate difference between 5/1 and 30 yr fixed is ~.75% -1% ( I am talking about no-point no fee)

I was thinking the same differential will apply for non-owner occupied. I am looking at a townhome as investment property.

My broker says for no-point, no-fee the and non-owner occupied the price difference is only .25%. Reason: fannie mae charges much more points for 5/1 non-owner so the rate difference doesn't remain the same.

IS that right?

0Reply
9 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · East Wenatchee, WA · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 16k+ votes
    11y

    In the lowest interest rate environment in 50+ years, I would lock in a fixed rate.  Even if flipping, not having the uncertainty if things don't work out is for me.  I do 15-yr fixed.  Sacrifice a little cash-flow for the bigger prize later. The rate difference between a 15 and  a 30 is 33%+.  Arbitrage.  Take advantage @Roy Mitle!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.