Michigan is so much more than Detroit... Grand Rapids is ranked #3 in the nation for growth

3 Replies

In the past week, a couple of great articles have called out why Michigan is such a great place.  Most people think that MI is only Detroit, but Detroit only makes up one small part of this amazing state.  

@Brandon Turner - those $500 Detroit houses don't tell the full story:)

Recently, Grand Rapids was ranked #3 in the nation for economic growth.  Denver & Houston took the top two spots.  Here is the article.

http://www.mlive.com/business/west-michigan/index....

Then MI was ranked as the #1 state by Thrillist.

http://www.thrillist.com/travel/nation/ranking-the...

A little good press goes a long way:)  We love living in MI & enjoying all it has to offer!

I lived in mid Michigan for a dozen years and have family in Grand Rapids.  Michigan is a terrific state with beautiful outdoor recreation areas.  It is MUCH more than just Detroit.  

And I agree that GR is a nice city, if you can handle the winters.  I have not priced it out for investment properties, but it seems like it would have potential.

The Grand Rapids Market is very hot right now. We have investors coming in from all over the country and even the world to buy properties here.

@Ann Howell - the winters here make one appreciate the summer SO much more:)

@Kyle Dee - are you buying more for the monthly cash flow or for the appreciation?  I am having trouble finding properties (in the GR area) where the numbers make sense for our cash flow targets.  Any thoughts on the GR market is greatly appreciated.  Thank you!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.