sell or keep renting

3 Replies

I bought this house in a tax auction   in  September 2014 did all work my self turn out excellent, I was going to flip it instead went with renting  I have excellent tenants,, my question is since this is my first flip should I just keep on renting since it's going smooth  or sell it and get my sweat equity and keep on buying .

How about a third option?

Keep the renters, refinance that property to "get your sweat equity out and keep on buying"

I like the BRRR method but it really boils UP to your investment strategy. How do you want real estate to work for you? Are you a buy, rehab, rent and refinance with the intent to hold for cashflow as many as you can? Are you a buy rehab and flip for great returns quickly to move on to the next? Are you a buy and flip as is for small profits? There are many ways this can be analyzed...

I can tell you what I do but, my past and future is different than yours and thus my strategies in my investments will also be.  I wish you a great real tangible investment journey.

I'm with Reed if you got it at Tax Auction you paid cash and own it free and clear right? Time to start calling local banks and get a HELOC. May want to ask what kind of seasoning they require if any.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.