Skip to content
Buying & Selling Real Estate

User Stats

Votes
Curt Davis
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Memphis, TN
Votes |
So This Is A First: Anyone Else Have This Happen To Them?

Curt Davis
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Memphis, TN
Posted Jul 8 2015, 20:45

So I have been working with a current investor client of ours recently to help him select a property to purchase from our company. I have sold him 2 homes over the last 3yrs or so and for the most part everything has been going well for him.  We have done very nice renovations and his price points are very good.  

Here is where things get interesting.  I have been talking with him for the last 30 days or so on a specific home I have for sale he likes.  When I first showed it to him it was vacant. I provided detailed financials, over 25 pictures and even a short video tour of the home.  

I get an email that he wants another local Realtor( who also sells investment homes ) to inspect the home for him.  This client has never done this before and honestly I have never had this happen before in regards to wanting a Realtor/Flipper to inspect for them.  After receiving the email request I replied and stated that now the home is rented out and to not disturb the tenants I would need him to put the home under contract and then he can have it inspected by this Realtor during his due diligence period.  He thought this was an odd request by me.  

My big questions is: Should I have simply agreed to get this other Realtor in or should I stick to my guns now?  A small part of me feels like this is a little slap in the face as normally you would have a home inspector check out the home.   

Looking for feedback, thanks!

• Real Estate Agent TN (#00321765)

901 INVEST Logo

Loading replies...