• Flipper
  • Matthews, NC
Votes |
Do I have to use (my) realtor?

Al Brennan
  • Flipper
  • Matthews, NC
Posted Jul 13 2015, 10:29

I just moved to the US last year and am a property virgin here.

I looked at a foreclosure a couple of months ago and met a realtor there who got me to sign what I know now as an `exclusive buyers contract`, no excuse as i`m a reasonably intelligent adult but he said it was a `no obligation` form and just a matter of normal procedure here and that I could walk away at any time...fast forward a few days and an email copy of what i signed was sent to me...looks like i`m on the hook for 6 months!

In the meantime I found a one acre lot which wasn`t for sale so I sent a letter to the owner asking if he would sell and he said he would, we met and walked the lot, i went to zoning and planning depts. and it looks all clear for me to build.

My question is, can I get this lot by just contacting a lawyer to sort things out or do I have to inform and involve ( my ) realtor? Bear in mind the realtor didn`t find the lot and knows nothing about it so I feel like he doesn`t deserve a cut. I also feel that I was somewhat duped into signing the buyers form as property purchase where I`m from is totally different.

Loading replies...