Re: Funding

4 Replies

Hello,

If you find a great deal, are there private money lenders or private money partners out there that will loan up to the full amount? I don't mind doing a 50/50 fix and flip if there are people out there that will put up the full amount of the purchase price of a discounted property? 

Edwin 

Yes, for a great deal, the money will always find you. The numbers have to be tight, but if they are, you generally won't have any issues finding partners. 

There is a section here on BP for posting stuff like that, if you are specifically requesting partners and such, but I believe it requires a Pro membership. Get to know the site, spend some time talking to people, and the money will come to you if you have the deals. 

Hey @Alexander Bigwood Thanks for the advice!

Is it possible, yes. 

Will it take work + time, definitely yes. 

The key is that this is a relationship business. A human business. 

For 100% financing, you will want to demonstrate that you have management under control through your team. This includes any rehab construction and property management. To help your funding partner make a quicker decision, try using a credibility kit. Here's a good thread on how to create one:

https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/87/topics/349...

Also, you can send a "sample deal" and ask, what do you think of this deal, and get their feedback. 

It is consistency of communication, so it may take a few tries, but start building up the relationships now with your lenders/partners. 

Post your deals everywhere and build up a list. There are lenders out there (especially moreso in today's market than 2008-2011) who are looking for trustworthy people who can make their money go to work. (See the book Rich Dad Cashflow Quadrant... I = investor, who wants their money to work for them). Your goal would be to service this group of individuals. 

I would also try to focus on motivated sellers who can do seller financing and get  your investor to cover the down payment or half of it, then use a business line of credit for the remainder. 

Have you thought about Hard Money? 

Hey @Swat Khan Thanks for you input! I have thought about Hard Money but do they also fund the full purchase price? Also, aren't the points or interest seem kind of high you think?

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.