Best Way to Find a Real Estate Agent in Philly? Having no luck.

2 Replies

i don't know if I'm a uniquely unappealing client or what, but the follow-through with agents I've contacted so far has been truly lousy. It's becoming a trend. I am simply not going to work with someone who can't even keep an agreement to phone me, or doesnt seem to know anything about financing except the basics. 

I'm tempted to just go it alone until I'm ready to purchase, but presumably a knowledgable agent can help me with locating inspectors, rehab contractors etc. Has anyone else had a lot of difficulty finding a good agent? How did you finally solve the problem? 

Originally posted by @Mike Girard :

i don't know if I'm a uniquely unappealing client or what, but the follow-through with agents I've contacted so far has been truly lousy. It's becoming a trend. I am simply not going to work with someone who can't even keep an agreement to phone me, or doesnt seem to know anything about financing except the basics. 

I'm tempted to just go it alone until I'm ready to purchase, but presumably a knowledgable agent can help me with locating inspectors, rehab contractors etc. Has anyone else had a lot of difficulty finding a good agent? How did you finally solve the problem? 

Mike, I'm assuming the agent I referred to you was a bust; I'm really sorry to hear that. I have to say, regarding the agent I referred to you, I had less than a high opinion of him at first but, after working with him the last year or so, I think you should reconsider unless his actions, or lack thereof, were egregious. He can be slightly abrasive/abrupt at times but generally his follow up is pretty good and he's quite an asset to an investor.

That said, if you'd like another recommendation, PM me and I'll give another. She's not as experienced but will hustle for you and does work with several investors.

@Mike Girard

I've had a similar experience. Even listing agents don't return calls/emails/ texts. I think unfortunately you have to work hard to find a good agent.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here