Philadelphia owner financing

2 Replies

Hey Guys,

This is my first deal. It's an owner financed deal. The owner will carry a note of approx 30k. When paying back the note is it possible to split payments between two people say 50/50? The two family members would like to split the note payments.

The property is located in Philadelphia it is commercial/mixed-use. Store front downstairs residential upstairs. Is it better to put a tenant upstairs and then try to get a commercial loan? Or should I owner occupy upstairs and be a first time home buyer. I have good credit so what would be the best way to pull the equity out of the property, I don't need the money right away. So I am open to waiting 6 months for deed seasoning. Can I acquire the deed at closing even with the owner still carrying a note? I'm using most of my cash for settlement and rehab. 

Thanx in advanced everyone

David, I'm an investor in Philly, feel free to send me an email if you want a second set of eyes on your deal.  Based on your situation and the types of questions you're asking, I think that a seller-financed mixed use property might not be the best choice for your first purchase.  Especially if you are not used to dealing with commercial leases.

Thanx @Ethan Giller. A second set of eye couldn't hurt. I'll email you the specifics in a couple days.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.