What's the Most Offers You've Gotten on a Flip

4 Replies

I currently have a flip on the market with 4 offers on it (all FHA so I'm trying to get them to switch before we accept one). I don't think I've ever had more than 4-5 offers on a property. I would like to think I do a good job as most of my houses are under contract within 2 weeks, but it seems like my ratio for show to offer is 7:1. What's the most you've had and what is your show to offer ratio (how many shows to get an offer)?

Derek,

I only flip a few homes per year, I think the number of offers was three but one of the group had contingencies so I think I would count me as two quality offers in the first few days after listing.

I list my properties with a Realtor / partner and while I do get email alerts when showing are set up I do not track that metric.  My focus is on receiving an actual offer.  My goal is to come to terms with the first / best offer when ever possible.

Hope this helps with your question / data collection.

Ed

3 to 4...

We have had a couple threes, that's my max. 

I don't track showings to offers ratio, its all over the map depending on the house. 

Couple recent examples....in order

Oval Rd, four showings first weekend = one full price offer -3,500 closing cost contribution

Ranfield Rd,  four showings first weekend = three offers,contract 3k above list.

Oak Point, 12 showings over three weeks  1 offer, contract 5k under list

Main,  13 showings two weeks, one offer, contract 18k below list

Twinsburg, 4 showings three offers first weekend, contract 11k over list

Then a rehab affiliate we source all his deal for with similar stats as ours, has the infamous  Galloway house, 40 + showings in seven month 100,000 total price drop, no offers, kinda messes with the stats :-(

I think about 7, hey when Carol Scott is your realtor you have to expect great things.  I believe I had 3 full priced or better offers but all with financing.  The appraisal came in more than $20k less than asking price.  Fortunately, the hedge funds et al had just come in so Carol was able to get a great cash offer!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here