Finding a good deal

3 Replies

Hello BP,

I am a part time investor (I have my full time job), I live and work in south Seattle, I have few rental properties (in other states) which I acquired them before I have enough knowledge about RE investment. A couple months ago I decided to focus on learning about RE investing, and start reading books, including Brandon Turner’s No (and Low) Money Down, completed class such as Ben Leybovich’s CFFU, went to some seminars and workshops in Seattle, and still learning and searching for a deal, but the more knowledge I gain the harder it gets to get a good deal. Any RE investors club/meet ups? Small Multifamily Wholesales in or around Tacoma, WA? Or any investor’s advice on RE market south Seattle area? (Tacoma, Lakewood, etc.)

Have you looked into your local REIA? If you google search the nearest major city and REIA you should be able to find a pretty good group. Once there you will get invited to other groups within and around your area.

@Zeresenai Mengistu as Derek said, check out REIA. I belong to that group and have been very happy with the connections and education there.

of course, you can always lean on a real estate broker working with investors.  that never hurts.  

Patrick Britton, Real Estate Agent in WA (#120557)
360-927-0959

I don't know about Olympia, but in Seattle we have REAPS. They have meetings every month as well as invite well knows speakers. Also, go to meetup.com and search for real estate meetups in your area

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.