delinquent taxe leads Orange County Florida

16 Replies

I'm wanting to learn how to obtain leads on delinquent taxes prior to being scheduled for auction. I know it's easy to find them while they go into foreclosure but are there any means to obtain those that are soon to be sent for foreclosure but has yet to reach that stage of delinquency? If anyone has experience in this especially in the Greater Orlando area please share. Thanks in advance. 

HI Marquest, 

Your best option for properties delinquent in taxes in Orlando but have not been schedule for auction is to contact the county and *** for their list.  It will be a huge one for Orange County.  I am an investor in the Orlando area (which is Orange County) and I have bought tax deeds for several years now.  I have bought similar lists from the tax collectors but be prepared, it's gonna be a big list.  Devise a plan for sorting out what segment of the list you will be mailing.

Much Success

Sandra Edmond

@Marquest Page You and I have worked together and know that I can tell you which investors to work with and who not to work with since I hear all the good from the bad from my other investors. @Sandra Edmond is the absolute best person to talk to about these types of deals. She is truly a professional when it comes to buying properties this way and I would recommend her to anyone. Definitely listen to any information she has.

Thank you,

Sandra Edmond thanks for the advice.  I'll try to call today. I assume such a list has a cost. What's the average price for that. And thanks Ryan Kopczyk for the validation. You've just given her a new person that's probably going to bug her with questions. 

Originally posted by @Sandra Edmond :

HI Marquest, 

Your best option for properties delinquent in taxes in Orlando but have not been schedule for auction is to contact the county and *** for their list.  It will be a huge one for Orange County.  I am an investor in the Orlando area (which is Orange County) and I have bought tax deeds for several years now.  I have bought similar lists from the tax collectors but be prepared, it's gonna be a big list.  Devise a plan for sorting out what segment of the list you will be mailing.

Much Success

Sandra Edmond

I just called, they referred me to their website at https://www.octaxcol.com/tax-roll-download.aspx and advised me to sort through the links there. Wasn't much of a hand holding experience. Am I on the right track or did they just gave me the least amount of help possible? 

Thanks @Ryan Kopczyk Kopczyk for the very kind words.  @Marquest Page

Yes, if they told you to go to the website, I'd start their first.  I haven't ordered it in a while. Just make sure that is the list with the headings you will need like the owner's name, mailing, address, parcel #, type of deed they purchased the property with, etc.  I think it should be at least 20 columns across or more.  There should be a cost.  I wouldn't not rely on the free list.  The free list is not as helpful if you want to drill down to the most motivaed buyers.

I just went to the link you sent... .download the one that says Layout for Delinquent Taxes ;-)

Good Luck and thanks again!

Sandra Edmond

@Sandra Edmond, I just found this old thread after I asked a similar question in another thread. And @Ryan Kopczyk thanks for the great words about Sanda. @Marquest Page thanks for doing the leg work 2 years ago in contacting the county. That link doesn't work anymore, is there a new one or should I call the County for an update? As an Orlando Floridian I find myself in one of the most competitive REI markets in the country and a bit intimidated, but looking for ways to differentiate myself and my mailing list. I can't imagine that things haven't changed since this initial post 2 years ago, but they also must be getting these calls constantly.

@Alex Olmo did you have any luck more recently? Perhaps we can revive this thread...I've been searching and searching and can't seem to figure out actual tax delinquency records or probate records (can see names but not addresses).

I haven't used it, @Peter Amendola . I do spend a lot of time on the property appraiser website looking up how much people paid for properties, if they still live at that address, etc. But I have yet to translate any of that into any action. If you figure these out, let me know!

@Rachel N. will do. Looks like you're a new investor like me. I've got a mentor that I'm working with right now but he has more or less tasked me with figuring out a mailing list. Have you connected with anyone locally who is providing some guidance? 

Headed to the CFRI meeting September 6? If so, let's chat. 

@Peter Amendola , I have one rental and another one under contract, but I sort of stumbled into those two before discovering Bigger Pockets, so now I'm trying to figure out how to plot my next move with a more careful analysis. :)  I haven't joined CFRI yet but it looks like there are a lot of benefits... even just the discounts on appliances! How does it seem so far?

@Peter Amendola I wish I could be of more assistance with that lead source. I do see that @Rachel N. has already given you a link to the list.. http://www.octaxcol.com/tax-roll-download-2/. Once there just click the last link to download the plethora of property tax history. It is a very large and overwhelming list. A task that I can honestly say was a bit much for me to try to take on as far as sifting through. I wouldn't be able to give much help on this one as I decided to try other avenues shortly after this post. 

I was able to go through the list. 162,000 lines to be exact haha.

@Peter Amendola Did you go to the CFRI meeting this evening? I was there. 

Jack Bosch spoke today. Has anybody heard of him?

Also, what does the difference between "sellable" on the tax roll and "unpaid"?

@Garison Clemens i was planning on going but hurricane prep prevented my partner and I from attending. Really wanted to, but at least I learned how to properly board up windows!

Good question, I think I had thought the same thing when last I looked. If you find the answer, let me know. Could probably call them.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.