How often do you get responses from your craigslist ads

8 Replies

If I place ads on Craigslist and Backpages everyday, assuming it is written well and I make posts consistently everyday, how often could I expect a response.

Originally posted by @Dominic Lobban:

Saw your post & decided to review our contacts by source.  Turns out less than 1% of our sources come from Craigslist or Backpage.  Although the % of leads is not great they are leads none the less & they are free leads.  We don't post everyday.  The posts are periodic & automatic so we don't have to do it everyday.  This includes buyer & seller leads.   Bottom line:  Don't give up on the lead source, just measure how much time you're spending on it versus other lead sources.

if this is for renting and finding a tenant I'd suggest postlets. It puts the house ok zillow, trivia and other sites. Last time we rented a property Craigslist wasn't doing great and as soon as I put it on postlets my inbox was blowing up.

Everything Crystal Smtih said, I second that!

What do you use to automate your craigslist postings?

Also, do you have different messages or post in different categories to target sellers and buyers separately? 

Craiglsit does not attracted the best clients. 

@Jacques Wurms  Second that. 

It could be argued that Backpage does not attract the best clients either...

http://www.dailydot.com/lifestyle/serial-killer-at...

This post has been removed.

@Dominic Lobban

I get many calls off Craigslist but not very good quality. I've had better success joining that towns Facebook group and advertising it there. Good luck!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.