Moving to Maryland in about 9 months, what's best?

2 Replies

Hello!

I'm going to be moving to the Maryland side of the Washington D.C. Metro area, and I want to know what some of the best real estate models there are for the area. I've heard that in Washington DC, property is generally expensive and good deals are usually found in renovation projects, and that's fine because I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty! Is anyone in the area willing to explain their investing models to me? I'll take all the advice I can get!

I'd love to know what you're all doing in that area so I can start preparing now. Thanks!

I'm not a big investor yet, as I am partnering up with investors right now, but buy and holds and fix and flips are ideal. There are numerous wholesalers here and various meetups. With University of Maryland and other schools in various areas, buy and hold properties aimed at college students (surrounding the schools of course) are a goood choice. My model for fix and flips are 3/2 within a good school zone (for a young family), so the homes don't stay on the market long (also checking how long the comps remained on the market).

I hope this helps!

Stephanie

Hello David,

I am a licensed  agent and investor in DC and Maryland. I have utilized both the buy and hold strategy and the buy and flip strategy which in my experiences have had fantastic upsides. I work with investors as well and I have a great deal of knowledge with  the current market in DC and the surrounding counties. Additionally A Stephanie's model is a great model as well. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here