McDonough GA investors?

5 Replies

I'm from Watertown, NY and looking to move down to the McDonough area this fall/winter with my wife and relocate with my job. I have a duplex that I rent now and am looking to sell as there aren't many if any reputable management companies around. I wasn't sure how the market is down there to invest. Seems like a lot of foreclosures, not many duplexs, a lot of apartment buildings. I'd say from my research the average rent for a 2/1 would be $650-800/mo? I would like to buy a duplex if the numbers work out, but am also looking to do a flip. Is there more opportunity for private funding there? I haven't had much luck where I am.

Thanks for any help!

Chris: I'm a private lender in the Atlanta area. I've done cash out refinances for several investors. I'd be glad to help if I can.

Thanks Steve! I sent you a request. I've been to McDonough around 7 times so I have a sense of the area but would like to learn more, mainly the good and bad areas.

That sounds good Cara! I'm working on relocating now and trying to sell my house. It would be nice to talk to you since you're in the area :)

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.