Account Closed
  • San Leandro, CA
Votes |
Precious Metals for 1st property

Account Closed
  • San Leandro, CA
Posted Aug 18 2015, 22:13

Hello,

I am in college and going to graduate soon with my accounting degree. I have always worked and saved money. I had a landscaping business (mainly mowed lawns, lots of lawns) and worked retail jobs making the bare minimum. Fortunately, my father is very supportive in my efforts to become a real estate investor. He says my goal should be to get my hands on the first unit. I invested heavily in the stock market, but have not contributed to my brokerage account due to stocks (MO, MCK) being overvalued in my opinion. 

Recently, with precious metals at 5 year lows i have embarked on a buying spree of silver and even a couple ounces of gold. I was thinking that gold, silver have an inverse relationship with real estate. I would be able to take advantage of my investments in  precious metals appreciating, while my ultimate goal/investment would be depreciating. What do you wise people think? Is it a decent plan or should I just save cash? To be honest I have a hard time just saving money because its literally eroding in value. 

Loading replies...