Investor looking to network in the Orlando, FL area

7 Replies

Wholesale investor looking to network in Orlando, FL. Will be signing up for the CFRI this week and will hopefully get more exposure to potential buyers. Anyone who would like to meet please let me know.

Hey @Samantha VanNorman , CFRI is a good place to start, although you will be inundated by wholesalers there!

I would suggest going to the smaller county meetings and focus groups if you're focused on networking, the general meetings can be kind of a zoo.

You'll definitely want to connect with @Ryan Kopczyk , he runs an investor friendly title company and I know they close a lot of wholesale deals.

I would also strongly suggest partnering up with an experienced wholesaler, especially on your first few deals.  

Hello Samantha, my husband and I are also newer investors to this market. We attended a CFRI meeting in July and enjoyed it. It was the general meeting and it had a big attendance of members and non-members. We did not meet any buyers there but did walk away with a great feeling that we were among other professionals who cared very much about the business they were in. We intend to become members as we progress in our business. We may attend the September meeting (checking our schedule now) so if you do plan to attend, please let me know as I would love to say hi and network. Also, since it was our first meeting, we were able to get free passes. Check their calendar as I think that was where I saw that promotion. I am not sure if that is for every month's general meeting. I will send a connect request in a few moments. I look forward to hearing from you and good luck in your ventures! 

Theresa

Hi @Samantha VanNorman ! I attended the last CFRI meeting and thought it was great. Lots of good networking opportunity and good content provided at the meeting. 

You can print out a pass for your first meeting on their website. Here's the direct link. https://www.cfri.net/Events.aspx?ID=September-General-Meeting-with-Guest-Speaker-Chris-McClatchey-26-9-2-2015

Hope to see you there!

Thank you @Andrew Davis ! My partner, @David Pupo and I officially became CFRI members over the weekend, and are really looking forward to attending the more specialized meeting groups. Thanks for the referral, as well. Would love to connect with you further and see if we could work together in the future! 

Originally posted by @Andrew Davis :

Hey @Samantha VanNorman , CFRI is a good place to start, although you will be inundated by wholesalers there!

I would suggest going to the smaller county meetings and focus groups if you're focused on networking, the general meetings can be kind of a zoo.

You'll definitely want to connect with @Ryan Kopczyk , he runs an investor friendly title company and I know they close a lot of wholesale deals.

I would also strongly suggest partnering up with an experienced wholesaler, especially on your first few deals.  

Thanks a lot for sthe feedback Andrew, I did attend the general meeting back in June and yes it was a bit overwhelming. Both @Samantha VanNorman and I have enrolled into the REIA earlier this week. Very excited to network with so many professionals here in the Central Florida area,

Originally posted by @Andrew Davis :

@Samantha VanNorman and @David Pupo, of course, glad you joined!  I'll be at the general meeting on Wednesday night and would love to connect with y'all in person if you're there.

I do plan on attending the meeting tomorrow, so that sounds great to me. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you