Votes
Nicole B.
  • San Jose, CA
Votes |
Contradictions on leveraging debt and making good deal da

Nicole B.
  • San Jose, CA
Posted Aug 20 2015, 22:19
Hi guys, So I am confused here and need help. I live in the Bay Area and as all you know the prices for housing here is astronomical. That being said I have done tons of research and have learned that leveraging debt is the best way to build wealth quickly. So if I put the minimum down (10%) on a property (thus keeping more in my bank for future investments)my mortgage will be way highwhich decreases my cash flow amounts in the rental. And as I said in the Bay Area the price for housing is incredibly high. So if I'm putting so little down and using the 50% rule (expenses 50% of income) I will NEVER find a property that will cash flow. So does that mean I just have to save a ton to put a bigger down payment on the rental, thus having less cash in the bank ruining my chance of making more investments? Is the 50% rule really plausible in scouting out deals? How do you make a profit in the Bay Area people? The advice I have heard seems to contradict itself... Or at least in this market. Am I doomed to be an out of state investor?

Loading replies...