When you're so in love with this business you cant sleep at night

6 Replies

You know you're in love with real estate when you can't sleep at night because you're so excited to wake up and keep building your business!  I think my roommates are just about sick of my non-stop talk and desire to build an empire.  But hey, it takes crazy people to make it in this business.  Anyone else having this problem of not being able to sleep at night because you cant stop thinking REAL ESTATE?  Happy investing y'all and have a great labor day weekend! 

@Kyle Grimm Yes. I sleep three hours a night, and work over 18 hours a day., don't let anyone tell you it's a bad thing if you can manage this and a healthy life style

Wow @Nick Britton I need to step my game up.  I definitely spend too much time sleeping.  Currently I sleep from about 11:30pm-5:45am.  I would love to get in the habit of waking up at 4:30 or earlier.  Waking up before everyone else has a lot of advantages!  Less distractions and easier to concentrate.  But like you said, as long as you can maintain a healthy lifestyle.

I'm with you on that. I sleep from 11-4 and keep a pad of paper on my night stand to write down million dollar ideas and epiphanetts that come to me in my dreams.
You know I was the same way until I heard this quote: "Dreams aren't the things you see in your sleep, dreams are the things that won't allow you to sleep."

I love the commercial real estate business. At 40 years of age I have balance though.

I learned it's better to take care of yourself. When I was younger I did the 80 hr week thing and after a few years you will burn out. I do not care how young you are it will happen at some point.

I focus now on higher production within a certain amount of time. 

I've been more productive now that I'm sleeping more. I used to be up till 3am every night, now I've been in bed at 10/11. Everyone has different habits. Keep grinding people !

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.