Staging in Boston

5 Replies

Hi,

I've seen a number of discussions about staging but am trying to get some input on a reasonable cost to expect.  I am considering staging 2 newly renovated condo units in Boston, MA - one is 650 sf and the other is 1,300 sf.  Both units are vacant.  Does anyone have a perspective on what reasonable pricing is for relatively high end staging? 

@Robert Menn I see you didn't get any answers on BP. Did you stage your units? What did the cost end up being? I've never staged a property before, but will be doing so on future builds here in Orange County. I've been quoted $2-3 per foot which would cover living room, kitchen, dining, master bedroom and bath, with add'l $500 for each add'l bedroom. 

Another option is to look at furniture rental companies, many of them have programs for renting furniture by the room for set prices, and do short term for staging. 

Medium house plansKaren Margrave, Parlay Investments | [email protected] | http://www.parlayinvestments.com | CA Contractor # 680782

@Robert Menn , as @Karen Margrave mentioned, I recently considered staging 3 rooms in a 2200 sq foot flip.

The quotes were around 1750-2250 per month!

Then I decided to try a local furniture rental place - Aaron's in my case and they provided a dining room set, living room set with couch, coffee table, end tables and lamps along with a bed and dresser for $380/month - including delivery sand setup.

Was it worth it? Well the house went under contract yesterday, 2 weeks after this staging, so I only have to pay for 1 month which is their minimum.

Medium pc logoPercy N., Penn Capital | http://penncapitalgroup.com

Aaron's furniture rental! Great idea @Percy N. I never thought of them. We just got one here near where I live so I'll be sure to take a look when its time to stage.

@Shannon K. , one thing to keep in mind with Aarons....DO NOT sign up via the website as they only do lease to own via the website.

You can select what you are interested in but go to your local store and talk to the manager about staging. Cost will be about 2x of the lease to own, but it is short term and honestly, I have not found a better deal.

Medium pc logoPercy N., Penn Capital | http://penncapitalgroup.com

Thank you. Will do. We've got a store close enough here where I can go visit. I've never used a furniture rental store before and completely forgot about them til I read your post.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you