Oklahoma

11 Replies

Hey, anyone have any suggestions or recommendations about entering the markets of Oklahoma City or Tulsa?? We are looking for SFR or Multi family (2-10 units). We are also experienced in the flip game if that makes sense. Hoping to hear some feedback on both markets...thanks a ton!

Hey Douglas - I'm from the area and think things are very sound, without much hooplah in the way of huge market swings. 

I'm wholesaling in the area so feel free to let me know how I can help you or if you need more specific information. 

Thanks,

michael

I was wondering if anyone else is running into trouble with bidding on foreclosed houses in Oklahoma City. We have had a higher bid on a couple of houses that have sold here lately. Am I missing something? I figured if you had the highest bid when it came to foreclosure you got it. Any help would be appreciated.

@Sean Hadley

That's not always the case. They look at price, terms, and financing. My first question would be where are you getting your financing?

We have been putting up all cash offers.

@Sean Hadley  

Are you submitting a proof of funds with all offers? Are you offering during owner occupant only timeframe?

@Zach Sikes well I just found out we actually got outbid by 2k. But would there be any reason why you wouldn't get a house up for bid if you had the highest offer?

@Sean Hadley

Price isn't always the most important thing. A lot of different items, or terms, impact the attractiveness of the offer such as closing date, earnest money, seller concessions, your reputation, and where your money is coming from. If there are red flags on your proof of funds and the other agents or sellers don't know who you are, then even though your bid may be slightly higher or very similar they may take the perceived "lower risk" option. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.