• Rental Property Investor
  • Gainesville, FL
Votes |
Not again...seller won't budge

Daria B.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Gainesville, FL
Posted Feb 22 2016, 14:00
Again...seller is unrealistic about needed repairs to property and wants the same as other homes that have all new or newer systems. Not only does the kitchen lower cabinets need replacing, there is no backing to the cabinet under the sink. We can see the concrete block of the foundation of the house. But to the point...I offered on a property last year to a seller with the same poor condition and sellers agent said seller will not take anything less than....then another buyer comes along and not only did she take less than, it was $23k less than. Now I've come upon another property that the sellers agent is saying "not less than". DOM is 200+ days. I asked my agent to remind them of the condition but came back with a counter of $9k less and the won't take less than where the amount was bought down by the $9k. Won't work with my numbers and the repairs alone are at least $10-$15 for roof and HVAC and interior painting. Some flooring in addition to the kitchen (uppers can be painted but that bottom is a goner where the wall is exposed). How can I, without irritating the seller, get them to see the conditions just does not warrant their asking. I seem to be the one that is in line to soften the blow and then they go with someone else that offers just a little more or even less. By that time the seller realizes they should just sell. Any ideas? Thanks

Loading replies...