Jonathan Miller
  • Philadelphia, PA
Votes |
My Cold Calling Conundrum

Jonathan Miller
  • Philadelphia, PA
Posted Apr 21 2016, 10:39

Hey all,

I wanted to reach out to any other Realtors/Investors and get their take on Cold Calling, but let me elaborate: 

So I've been a Realtor in NJ for the last 2 years with no telemarketing/cold calling experience. Since then, I've gained a comfort level calling expireds on a daily basis in order to set listing appointments (Listings --> Leads --> Leverage) and each year I am slowly improving and gaining more business as a Realtor. 

I know that there are scripts to follow for different calls you make (Expireds, FSBO, Neighborhoods) as an agent. Currently I'm starting to call FSBOs but still do not have sufficient dialect in order to secure listings.

I had an breakthrough a couple days ago in Realizing I could call (FSBOs and Absentee Owners) as an investor. 

My difficulty is trying to realize how to make each call to various types (expirds, fsbo, AO, Probate) of properties using a universal script that makes sense.... Does that make any sense? 

I guess i'm just trying to conceptualize what I need to say to all calls in order to increase my listings but also pick out the properties I'm trying to put offers on. 

If anyone has ever started out as a Realtor/ RE agent and transitioned into RE investing, please help me understand the rhetoric I should be using on every call, especially since I'm a Realtor and must disclose that to each caller too. 

Thanks,

Jonathan

Loading replies...