• Milwaukee - Mequon, WI
Votes |
Finally out of the rat race - quit my job

Marcus Auerbach
  • Investor and Real Estate Agent
  • Milwaukee - Mequon, WI
Posted Jul 19 2016, 15:29

Dear BP community,

finally it's done!! After 17 years and a great career in corporate America it was a little bittersweet but definitely awesome to finally quit my job last week. I have been working hardtowards this day and getting out of the rat race for a long time. I am sharing this here, because my work friends would probably not too keen to hear about my excitement!

It all started out in 2009 with Rich Dad Poor Dad (what did you expect??) and a lot of skepticism on my side. I remember that I was thinking: this is too good to be true, why is not everyone doing this??? After the first deal I was hooked, but I had a lot to learn and BP was not only my best source of information, but also inspiration and, most importantly, re-assurance that this will actually work in real life. On this note a huge THANK YOU to the community for all the posts, blogs, podcastsand PM's that helped me along the way! And of course to Josh and Brandon!

I will certainly continue to rehab and rent, but I am used to doing this while working a full time job, so Ihave alsomade my RE license and have joined my long time broker and good friendas an buyer's agent. I am hoping for great synergies between working with buyers and other agents and rehabbing homes in the same market.

As a Realtor I definitely should inform my sphere about my new role and while I have a lot to learn there my experience as an investor and rehabber should be useful. I have not shared anything about my rehabs or rentals on social media yet; nor have I told many people that I will be working as an agent. To all those, who have taken this step ahead of me - how did you handle this and what advise could you give me? Do you guys post your about rehabs on facebook? Do you (sometimes) post about your agent business?

Loading replies...